ATLANTA – Leading children’s dental provider Kool Smiles today announced a successful and record-breaking year of providing high-quality and compassionate dental care to underserved children and families. Kool Smiles doctors and staff brought smiles to nearly 2 million patients in 2017 while making a positive impact in their local communities through outreach programs and dental health education initiatives.
Here is a look at some of the 2017 highlights:
- Kool Smiles doctors provided more than $18 million in uncompensated care to uninsured children and families in 2017. While Kool Smiles doctors are proud to accept a wide variety of insurance plans – including Medicaid and TRICARE – they also recognize that sometimes insurance does not cover needed services, and families may not be able to pay out of pocket for needed care. The uncompensated dental care program helps ensure Kool Smiles’ community children and families receive the dental care they need.
- Kool Smiles’ dedicated doctors and clinical staff provided free dental care to more than 500 children in need during its annual Sharing Smiles Day, a day of free dental care exclusively for children.
- Six Kool Smiles team members traveled to Bolivia to provide dental care to hundreds of children in need. The mission trip, conducted in partnership with CHOICE Humanitarian, brought much needed dental care to children and families in a remote village that lacks access to basic medical services and supplies.
- During Kool Smiles’ annual Operation Troop Treats Halloween candy exchange, children and families donated more than four tons of candy for Kool Smiles to send to U.S. service members stationed overseas – along with dental kits, letters of appreciation and other goodies – in partnership with Operation Gratitude.
- Kool Smiles’ generous doctors and staff continued the company’s proud tradition of giving back to their local communities through ongoing outreach and dental health education initiatives. This year alone, Kool Smiles distributed more than 78,000 dental health lesson plans to classrooms around the country and provided 200,000 free toothbrushes and dental health kits to disaster victims and other communities in need.
- Kool Smiles did its part to support the next generation of dental health practitioners by awarding $22,000 in dental school scholarships to outstanding dental students who, like the Kool Smiles team, are passionate about giving back and making a difference in their communities.
“It has been another exciting year for Kool Smiles and I would like to personally thank all of our amazing doctors and clinical staff for their dedication and hard work to make 2017 a year to remember,” said Dr. Dale Mayfield, Chief Dental Officer of Kool Smiles. “As we gear up for 2018 we look forward to continuing our mission of creating a world of happy, healthy smiles!”
About Kool Smiles
Kool Smiles is dedicated to creating a world of happy, healthy smiles. As a leading dental health provider, Kool Smiles’ mission is to improve lives by providing high quality dental care in a fun, compassionate environment. Kool Smiles dentists are proud to offer care to kids and adults with almost any insurance plan, including State Children’s Health Insurance Programs (SCHIP), Medicaid and Tricare. Kool Smiles also provides oral health education programs through partnerships with community schools and organizations. For more information, please visit www.mykoolsmiles.com.
# # #